SilverRack VPS Hosting is committed to managing health, safety and environmental matters as an integral part of our business. We strive to limit the impact that we have on the environment. We actively seek ways to achieve pollution prevention.
We recognize that because of the business that we are in, we consume a lot of electricity. To help compensate for this, SilverRack has reduced its carbon emissions by sponsoring clean energy and carbon reduction projects through TerraPass.
Through our daily activities, all employees of SilverRack are encouraged to be mindful of their impact on the environment. We use power-save modes on all desktops to conserve energy when they are not in use. We use lower power LCD monitors in all of our desktop computers. We encourage all employees to utilize public transportation, carpool, and to telecommute when feasible.
We encourage all of our great customers, partners, vendors, and all who will listen, to be mindful of their impact on the environment.
We recognize that there is always more that we can do to help the world in which we live. We will strive to continuously improve our commitment to the above-stated principles through improved technology and due diligence. We will continue to support "green hosting" initiatives.
What Does Each SilverRack VPS Hosting Plan Include?
Each of our VPS hosting plans provides you with dedicated resources within our data center. You are guaranteed memory, disk space, and a fair share of CPU. Each VPS plan provides:
- A Fully Functioning Linux VPS Setup Within Minutes
- Choice of Linux Operating Systems - Centos, Fedora Core, Debian, Ubuntu
- Root Access
- Dedicated IP Address
- FREE Nightly Backups
- DNS Management
- Carbon Balanced
- Hosted on Top-Notch Intel XEON Servers
- Available OS Templates with Ruby on Rails Preinstalled
- Ability to install virtually any software you need (MySQL, Ruby on Rails, Apache, SVN, etc)
- SilverRack Control Panel to Start, Stop, Reinstall, Backup, or Change the OS of Your VPS
- Full API to Control VPS and DNS
- No long term contract - pay month-to-month